Orcas Island offers an abundance of natural beauty, as well as a sophisticated mix of arts, culture and great food. The variety of possibilities will make your visit a special one, whether you are visiting for the first time, or you come to the island each year.
Orcas is home to 5000-acre Moran State Park, which features lakes, hiking trails, and public campgrounds. In Moran you will also find Mt. Constitution – the highest peak in the islands, reaching 2,400 feet in elevation. A hike, drive, or bike ride to the top reveals a 360-degree marine view of the San Juan’s and beyond.
Artistic and cultural offerings include our historical museum, performing arts center, public library, and old-fashioned movie theatre. There are many artisans’ shops and studios, featuring local pottery, fine arts, jewelry, textiles, and hand-made furniture and crafts. You can also explore our Saturday Farmer’s Market in Eastsound’s Village Square.
LOCAL EVENTS AND RESTAURANTS
Whether you are visiting the island for a few days or staying for a few weeks, there are many fun events happening on Orcas Island, as well as a delicious variety of restaurants and eateries. For a full list of events and dining options, please visit the Orcas Island Chamber of Commerce site
– Monday-Wednesday, September 3-5. Deer Harbor Wooden Boat Rendezvous. Sponsor: Wooden Boat Society of the San Juan
– September 9 – November 10, Girl Meets Dirt – Handpicked for You Savor Special, Orcas Island
– September 23, SwimRun San Juan Islands, Orcas Island
– Sunday, September 30. Orcas Island Farm Tour. Location: Various farms on Orcas, 9 am – 6 pm. Website & Info.
– October (TBA) – Orcas Island Farm Tour. Location: Various farms on Orcas, 9 am – 7 pm. Website & Info.
– Friday-Monday, October 4-8. Orcas Island Film Festival. Location: Various venues on Orcas. Orcas Island Film Fest
– Saturdays, October 7 through November. Indoor Farmers’ Market for the fall at Odd Fellows Hall; Saturdays, 11 am – 2 pm. Orcas Island Farmers Market
– October (TBA). Camp Orkila Fall Festival & Haunted Hay Ride. Camp Orkila, 1 pm – 5:30 pm. View 2017 Event.
– Saturday, November 10. Hops on the Rock: Orcas Island Beer Fest. 11 am – 4 pm. Location: Prune Alley, Eastsound. Hops On The Rocks
– Saturday-Sunday, November 10-11. Round the County Sailboat Races. Sponsor: Round the County
– Friday, November 23. Eastsound Art Walk from 12 noon to 4 pm. Sponsor: Orcas Island Chamber of Commerce.
– November (TBA). Holiday Festival of Arts at the Orcas Senior Center; 10:00 am – 4:00 pm. Sponsor: Orcas Senior Center