Orcas Island offers an abundance of natural beauty, as well as a sophisticated mix of arts, culture and great food. The variety of possibilities will make your visit a special one, whether you are visiting for the first time, or you come to the island each year.
Orcas is home to 5000-acre Moran State Park, which features lakes, hiking trails, and public campgrounds. In Moran you will also find Mt. Constitution – the highest peak in the islands, reaching 2,400 feet in elevation. A hike, drive, or bike ride to the top reveals a 360-degree marine view of the San Juan’s and beyond.
Artistic and cultural offerings include our historical museum, performing arts center, public library, and old-fashioned movie theatre. There are many artisans’ shops and studios, featuring local pottery, fine arts, jewelry, textiles, and hand-made furniture and crafts. You can also explore our Saturday Farmer’s Market in Eastsound’s Village Square.
LOCAL EVENTS AND RESTAURANTS Whether you are visiting the island for a few days or staying for a few weeks, there are many fun events happening on Orcas Island, as well as a delicious variety of restaurants and eateries. For a full list of events and dining options, please visit the Orcas Island Chamber of Commerce site
– October (TBA) – Orcas Island Farm Tour. Location: Various farms on Orcas, 9 am – 7 pm. Website & Info.
– Friday-Monday, October 4-8. Orcas Island Film Festival. Location: Various venues on Orcas. Orcas Island Film Fest
– Saturdays, October 7 through November. Indoor Farmers’ Market for the fall at Odd Fellows Hall; Saturdays, 11 am – 2 pm. Orcas Island Farmers Market
– October (TBA). Camp Orkila Fall Festival & Haunted Hay Ride. Camp Orkila, 1 pm – 5:30 pm. View 2017 Event.
–Between Friday, October 19th and Friday, October 26th pick up your FREE Sugar Pie pumpkin at Orcas Island Market . Return your decorated pumpkin to the Island Market customer service counter by Saturday, October 27th. Winners will be chosen and notified on Tuesday, October 30th.
–Friday, November 2nd 12-6 PM & Saturday, November 3rd 10AM-3PM. Orcas Island Market will host an indoor tasting party with local companies from the island.
– Saturday, November 10. Hops on the Rock: Orcas Island Beer Fest. 11 am – 4 pm. Location: Prune Alley, Eastsound. Hops On The Rocks
– Saturday-Sunday, November 10-11. Round the County Sailboat Races. Sponsor: Round the County
– Friday, November 23. Eastsound Art Walk from 12 noon to 4 pm. Sponsor: Orcas Island Chamber of Commerce.
– November (TBA). Holiday Festival of Arts at the Orcas Senior Center; 10:00 am – 4:00 pm. Sponsor: Orcas Senior Center
Friday, December 7. Eastsound Holiday Celebration and Tree Lighting. 3 pm – 5 pm. Sponsor: Orcas Island Chamber of Commerce
December (TBA). Celtic Christmas; 7:00 pm at Orcas Island Community Church
December (TBA). Library Holiday Tea; 12:00 noon – 3:00 pm. Sponsor: Friends of the Library
Saturday, December 1 & Sunday, December 2. Artisans’ Faire. Location: Odd Fellows Hall. Artisan’s Faire. The first weekend in December.
December (TBA). Orcas Choral Society Holiday Concert. Orcas Center. View Event
December (TBA). Lions Santa Ship at Orcas Ferry Landing, 11:00 a.m. – 1 p.m.