Hi! Thanks for visiting us at Orcas Island Market.
Apparently, you saw our job posting and couldn’t wait to check us out!
Well, you’ve come to the right place.
So, let us tell you a little bit about Orcas Island Market….
- We’ve been hanging out on Orcas Island since the late 1800’s. (That might make us sound old…but we’re not.)
- We are a family-owned business. That’s right – no big corporate stuff. Grocery is in our blood.
- Our community is awesome, and our customers come first.
- We have the best team. They bring their A-game and make it fun to come to work each day.
- We love great food, drinks and supporting local and regional producers – it’s in our DNA.
- The environment is important to us – and we ensure that we are trying to keep it that way by our in-store initiatives.
- We love Orcas Island and want to tell everyone about it. Of course, we think it’s the best place to live.
Why should YOU apply for this position?
- You are an awesome grocery manager with years of experience working in a natural grocery store, or similar environment.
- You are passionate about food and search for the best products for your customers.
- You are a team player who loves to work hard, but also have fun.
- You love the outdoors – and appreciate the beauty of the Pacific Northwest.
- You are committed to your community and the people who are a part of it.
- And you love a short commute. (We mean, who doesn’t?)
So, what are you waiting for? We want to meet YOU!
Start by filling out our application on the Careers Page.
You can learn more about the position and its requirements below.
Responsible for monitoring and achieving sales, purchasing and labor targets. Provides overall leadership to the Grocery team including planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing and resolving any employee or customer issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Guides and directs team in the development, production, promotion, and sale of Island Market’s products and services.
- Directs the preparation of short term and long-range plans based on Island Market goals and growth objective.
- Develops and installs procedures and controls within the department to promote communication and adequate information flow.
- Establishes operating policies consistent with Island Market policies and objectives and ensures their execution.
- Evaluates the results of overall department operations regularly and systematically and reports these results to the Director of Operations.
- Ensures that all organization activities and operations are carried out in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and laws governing business operations.
- Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules, and expedites workflow.
- Issues written and oral instructions daily.
- Assigns specific duties and examines work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to department and company policies and procedures.
- Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of co-workers.
- Maintains harmony among workers and resolves grievances.
- Adjusts errors and complaints of co-workers and/or customers.
- Assists others in performing duties.
- Follows all Island Market Safety procedures.
- Performs any and all other assigned tasks.
- Understands this job description cannot contain all aspects of the position but it is a fair and just representation of the duties.
Job Qualifications / Required Skills / Key Competencies
- Experience in a similar environment
- Ability to calculate discounts and percentages
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Self-starter and manage time wisely
- Organizing and Planning
- Good analytical & organizational skills
- Excellent English communication skills (verbal & written)
- Regularly exposed to dust, odors, oil, fumes and noise
- Exposed to a combination of office & store environments
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend, and lift objects of up to 50 lbs.