Recipe by Big Oven.com
- 1 cup RiceSelect™ Jasmati® Rice
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups baking mix
- vegetable oil for frying
- strawberry preserves (optional)
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
In a medium bowl beat eggs, half and half, 2 tablespoons sugar, orange zest and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Stir in baking mix and cooked rice.
- In an electric deep fryer or deep pan heat oil to 350°F.
- Drop mixture by rounded teaspoons into hot oil.
- Cook 3 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove to a platter lined with paper towels.
Combine remaining sugar and cinnamon and dust fritters with mixture.
- Serve warm with strawberry preserves, if desired..
- Calories: 0
- Fat: 0 grams
- Carbs: 0 grams
- Protein: 0 grams